I ordered an OpenMoko phone last night, and I had a little brainstorming session about funny things I would like to see in a phone that aren’t commonly implemented yet. Here is my list so far:
- Voice Shifter: Change your voice, or the voice of the person you are talking to!
- Media Player Remote: Control your computer stereo (via Bluetooth)
- Blogger: Update your blog directly, include audio (like LogJam)
- Door Opener: Unlock your door (car, house) automatically (via Bluetooth)
- Picture phone book: Dial someone by selecting a photo
- Doom: Everyone wants to play doom; prolly difficult on a touchscreen device
- RSS Reader: The phone is going to come with one of these, so its probably somebody else’s problem
- VNC: View your desktop remotely. The screen resolution is 480×640, so this has a chance of being useful
- Home Control: This _has_ to be done, could be achieved through a computer link as a proof of concept
- Accelerometer: This will be added to the next version, but a preview hack would be fun
- Gamepad: The USB port is unpowered, hack a gamepad with a battery to plug into it
- Zigbee: This would be nice, could possibly be handled by an external Bluetooth-Zigbee bridge
- Flashlight: Turn off the display, turn on a superbright LED (useful for reading at night)
Have anything you have been dying to see in a phone? Let me know!